In case of imminent or actual flooding:
Flooding can occur because of major rainstorms, water main breaks or loss of power to sump pumps.
- If you can do so safely:
- Secure vital equipment, records and hazardous materials by moving them to higher, safer ground.
- Shut off all nonessential electrical equipment.
- Wait for instructions from the Public Safety Office or Facilities Operations.
- Move all personnel to a safe area, away from the building in danger. Locate people with special needs and provide assistance if possible. Otherwise, provide their location to emergency responders.
- Do not return to the building until instructed to do so by the Public Safety Office or Facilities Operations.
- Call Facilities Operations for assistance with flood cleanup.