If you detect natural gas, fumes or vapors:
- Call 911 to report the situation.
- Clear the area immediately if instructed to do so by the emergency dispatcher, providing assistance to those with special needs.
- Provide your location and location of the odor to the dispatcher.
- Provide as many details as possible to the dispatcher.
If a building or area evacuation is ordered by the emergency responders:
- Leave all ventilation systems operating unless instructed otherwise by emergency responders.
- Leave the area immediately, avoiding the use of elevators unless necessary.
- Identify people with special needs and provide assistance if possible. Otherwise, provide their location to emergency responders.
- Report to your department's designated gathering point to be accounted for.